Resources for our researchers, staff & students

Two people in prairie meadow crouched over plants and clipboard with data

Read this first

Every incoming faculty member, researcher, staff member and graduate student should make contact with each of the following staff members as soon as possible. We ask supervisors to help communicate the importance of these meetings to their staff members, researchers and students.

1. Meet with Scott Campbell, facilities manager (Room 102), to:

  • get your office assignment;
  • check out keys;
  • go over core procedures.

2. Meet with Kirsten Bosnak, communications coordinator (Room 108A), to:

  • have your email address added to the appropriate lists;
  • make an appointment to have your photo taken and your profile added to the directory on this website.

If at any time you have news to communicate to our research community, please send this to Kirsten.

3. Meet Samantha Meisenheimer, support technician, KU IT (Room 118), who is the point of contact for all IT issues and computer needs, as well as questions about and problems with the printer in Room 106.

4. Contact Brandy Hildreth Baranski, business coordinator (Room 108C), for guidance concerning:

  • new business credit cards ("Pcards");
  • FITC shopper access;
  • hiring graduate research assistants;
  • grant issues and questions;
  • post-award management and budget projections.

5. Contact Paula Szuwalski, associate director for administration (Room 108), for:

  • guidance concerning our research center's budget and finance, research administration, personnel and KU Policy guidelines;
  • information on PI and program internal allocation funding, and affiliate and PI status requests.

Vehicle use

The fleet of state-owned vehicles at the Kansas Biological Survey & Center for Ecological Research includes the following vehicles (all are white except where noted):

  • Ford F350 cargo van, license plate 12855. Max passengers: 8. Parking permit: Red.
  • Chevrolet Impala, license plate 14091. Max passengers: 5. Parking permit: Gold.
  • Ford Explorer, license plate 14092. Max passengers: 5. Parking permit: Red.
  • Chevrolet Traverse, license plate 14602. Max passengers: 7. Parking permit: Red.
  • Dodge Caravan, license plate 17820. Max passengers: 7. Parking permit: Red.
  • Jeep Cherokee, license plate 18264. Max passengers: 5. Parking permit: Red.
  • Jeep Renegade, license plate 18265. Max passengers: 4. Parking permit: Red.
  • Chevrolet Suburban, license plate 18266. Has towing capability (contact Scott Campbell for info). Max passengers: 8. Parking permit: Red.

In addition, three other vehicles may be used with permission:

  • Ford XLT pickup (red), license plate 25789 (contact Jim Thorp, senior scientist & professor of EEB) Max passengers: 2 with jumpseat. Parking permit: Red.
  • Toyota Tacoma (dark green) with camper shell, license plate 16449 (contact Kelly Kindscher, senior scientist & professor in environmental studies). Max passengers: 5. Parking permit: Red.
  • Ford van (yellow), license plate 8284, reserved for on-campus greenhouse use only; check with Patti Beedles. This vehicle is usually stationed at Haworth Hall.

Finally, we hold a Yellow permit that is shared by two other state vehicles that are usually kept at the KU Field Station. One one may be parked on campus at a time.

  • Pickup, license plate 16465.
  • Ford 350 extended cab truck, license plate 18209. Max passengers: 5. Parking permit: Red.

Please contact Scott Campbell, building manager, with questions.

1. Open the Outlook App on your desktop.

2. Sign into your account using your credentials.

3. On the bottom left-hand corner, click on Calendar.

4. At the top of your screen, select New Meeting.

5. Click the Required button.

6. A new window will pop up. Type KS Biological Survey in the Search box. Make sure the Address Book is set to Global Address List.

7. Click Enter. A list of all KBS fleet vehicles will appear. Choose the vehicle you want to reserve. Click the vehicle name so it is highlighted and then click the Required button.

The chosen vehicle should now be listed in the Required field. Click OK.


8. You are now back at the New Meeting setup box. The chosen vehicle should be in the Required field. Fill out the following information.

Title: Your First and Last Name and Funding or Project Number Associated with the Trip. Please use the name of the person driving the vehicle and not just a generic lab name/supervisor.

Start Time

End Time

Location: Where are you driving to?

It should look like the screenshot below when you are done.

9. Check that everything is filled out correctly and click the Send button. If there is a conflict with the dates and times you have chosen, Outlook will let you know, and you can choose a different vehicle or time.

10. You should receive an email confirming the reservation.

You have successfully reserved a vehicle. If you need to cancel a reservation, go to the entry on your calendar. Click on the reservation/meeting. In the top left of the calendar page, click Cancel Meeting.

This will pop up a meeting setup box with all the reservation information. Click Send Cancellation. Your reservation is now cancelled.



1. Go to and click on Email located at the top right of the page. 

2. Sign into your account using your credentials. 

3. At the top left of your browser, click the Calendar icon. 

Screenshot of Outlook Web App showing calendar icon highlighted

4. Click the New Event button in the top left of the page. This will open the New Event setup box. 

Screenshot from Outlook Web App showing New event dropdown icon highlighted


5. In the Invite required attendees field type KS Biological Survey. Click Search Directory at the bottom of the options that appear. Please note: If you have previously reserved a vehicle, that vehicle may populate above the Search Directory option. To see all of the KBS fleet vehicles available, you need to click Search Directory. This should pull up

all KBS fleet vehicles. Scroll through the list and select the vehicle you wish to reserve. 

Screenshot from Outlook Web App window showing several vehicle options in dropdown light with "Search Directory" text on search bar highlighted

6.  You are now back at the New Event setup box. The chosen vehicle should be in the “Required attendees” field. Fill out the following information: 

Title: Your First and Last Name and Funding or Project Number Associated with the Trip. Please use the name of the person driving the vehicle and not just a generic lab name/supervisor. 

Start Day 

Start Time 

End Day 

End Time 

Location: Where are you driving to? You can select a location from the options as that appear as you type or just type in where you are going. 

It should look like the image below when you are done. 

Screenshot of Outlook Web App window showing selected vehicle scheduled at specific time as an example

7. Check that everything is filled out as you want and press the Send button in the upper left corner of the New Event setup box. If there is a conflict with the dates and times you have chosen. Outlook will let you know and you can choose a different vehicle or time. 

If you need to cancel a reservation, just click on the event in your calendar and choose Cancel. Note: Only the person who made the reservation can cancel it.

If you need to cancel a reservation, just click on the event in your calendar and choose Cancel. Note, only the person who made the reservation can cancel it. 

Quick references

Emergency: Call 911
KBS: Scott Campbell (864-1502;
SSC: Elissa Stewart (864-0161;
KU Garage: 864-3902/3628; 1505 Westbrook


State-owned vehicles may only be used for official business. Only employees of the State of Kansas may drive or operate them. A valid U.S. driver’s license is required to operate state vehicles, and a photocopy of the license must be provided to the Kansas Biological Survey before you drive our vehicles. In compliance with State and University regulations, “only state employees and persons reasonably engaged in official state business are allowed to ride in a state vehicle.” Non-employees (including unauthorized students) are prohibited from driving state vehicles under any circumstances. This prohibition includes vehicles rented under university vehicle rental contracts. Family members, pets, or friends of employees cannot ride in state vehicles.

Approved travel budget

Charges apply to the use of Kansas Biological Survey vehicles; therefore, a known source of funding needs to be identified prior to checkout. Usually vehicle uses are associated with certain grants or other specifically funded projects, but not always. Students should check with their PI or supervisor to verify what funding source should be utilized for travel, and this information must be recorded on the Vehicle Mileage Log (see below) at the conclusion of the trip.

Travel authorization

Employees planning for overnight travel are required to notify the Shared Service Center (SSC) finance contact, Elissa Stewart, via webform with travel details necessary to completing the KU travel authorization online process. This process must be completed prior to any travel purchases related to the trip for both KUCR and State-funded travel.

Checking out vehicles

Vehicles must be properly checked out before they can be used. On-line instructions (available on Outlook) are posted in the mail room (106 Higuchi Hall). Vehicle keys are also located in room 106. Each vehicle comes equipped with a K-Tag for Kansas Turnpike travel. Travelers wishing to reserve vehicles for more than one week at a time need to notify the facilities manager (Scott Campbell;; 785-864-1502. Check out a vehicle only if you actually intend to use it.

Fuel and vehicle related purchases

Each vehicle has its own dedicated fuel credit card. When purchasing fuel:

  • always obtain and save receipts;
  • sign your name on the front side of the receipt along with the vehicle license tag number and place it in Scott Campbell’s mailbox in 106 Higuchi Hall;

Please note: If receipts are lost or missing, the user is responsible for submitting a “missing receipt” form to the SSC.

Fuel cards can only be used for fuel and vehicle-related expenses (no research supplies, food, ice, etc.). If you have trouble with the fuel card, or it is declined for any reason, contact the SSC (Elissa Stewart; 864-0161; If a credit card is lost, or goes missing, report it to the Scott Campbell immediately. Lost credit cards are a very serious issue, so treat it as if it is your own.

Sometimes, albeit rarely, state-issued credit cards are declined by vendors so check first to see whether what you are trying to buy is a qualifying purchase. If the problem persists then you may have to resort to using a personal credit card. In such cases you can seek reimbursement following the trip, but for that to occur original receipts must be submitted. Under no circumstances should KUCR p-cards (as opposed to KU p-cards) be used for vehicle-related expenses.

Important change in 2021: Whenever feasible, fuel is expected to be purchased only at the KU Facilities Garage (1505 Westbrook) utilizing what is known as the automated “Gasboy.” Users must be pre-authorized, and only then issued a personalized pin number in order to operate it. Please provide the following information via email to Scott Campbell to request authorization: Full Name; KU on-line ID#; Staff or Student; Department (if not Kansas Biological Survey). Fill up at the Gasboy before heading out to help avoid resorting to commercial filling stations. The vehicle credit card may still be used but only when absolutely necessary or on extended trips.

Accessory fuel

Boat or other accessory fuel can be purchased using the Gasboy or vehicle fuel card but only by means of a separate transaction distinguishing it from any fuel purchased for the vehicle itself. In other words, you must reset the gas pump. Record your name, project number, and purpose (e.g., boat fuel) on the accessory receipt and turn it in along with any others.

Vehicle mileage log

Each vehicle has a mileage log for recording trip data including the date(s) of use, driver’s name, miles driven, fuel purchases, and funding information. Travel charges are based on mileage and will be invoiced to whichever research project or approved funding source is designated by the user. It is therefore vital to provide the project account number to charge for the trip. Please write legibly.

Vehicle returns

Return vehicle keys and all signed receipts promptly to room 106 upon return (keys to the key box; receipts to Scott’s mailbox). If travel plans change it is the user’s responsibility to update reservations previously entered into the Outlook scheduling calendar.

Vehicles are to be returned with at least one-half tank of fuel; full is better as a courtesy to the next user.

Cleaning vehicles

Vehicles are to be returned just as clean (or cleaner) as they were when checked out. Remove all equipment, food wrappers, drink containers, personal items, etc., upon return. The Kansas Biological Survey is not responsible for items left in vehicles. If not needed again immediately by someone else, the vehicle may be cleaned early the following day if returning late or somehow cannot be done right away.

Seats that must be removed to create space are to be placed back into the vehicle upon return. Users are expected to vacuum the floors and seats, clean interior surfaces, and also wash the vehicle as warranted. A shop vacuum is stationed downstairs in Room 29 near the freight elevator and another is available at the KU Garage (1505 Westbrook; Garage Hours: 7:30 am–4 pm MF).

A *free* carwash bay is also available at the Facilities Services Garage and is highly preferred over taking it to a commercial car wash, noting that many do not offer receipts. Simple instructions on how to use KU’s carwash are posted above the key box in the 106 Higuchi Hall. Please clean up and wash out the bay once finished.

Inform Scott if any vehicle was found to not be in reasonably clean and good condition. The user is obligated to return vehicles clean and also ready for the next user. Repeated failures to do so, or other forms of neglect or abusive treatment of vehicles can result in suspension of driving privileges.

Mechanical problems

All vehicles are serviced routinely. However, any mechanical issues (including dashboard alerts) should be reported to Scott ASAP. If circumstances permit, such vehicles should be taken directly to the KU Garage for the fastest turnaround and because repairs are typically less expensive. Outside of Lawrence, the vehicle’s p-card should be used to pay for necessary vehicle servicing, repairs, flat tires, tows, etc., within reasonable limits. Consult with Scott before committing to any major or very costly repairs.

Emergency procedures

If the vehicle breaks down (cannot be safely driven back to Lawrence) during office hours, call the KU Garage for advice and instructions. They will determine whether they will be able to come tow it, or, if not, you may need to seek assistance locally. As a general rule, for minor situations (tire repair, battery and hose replacement, etc.), you do not need to call for instructions and you may have the vehicle repaired at any qualified service facility using the vehicle fuel card for payment. Remember to obtain receipts.

Report every accident involving injuries and/or other vehicles to the local police, sheriff or highway patrol and obtain a written accident report. Insurance information should be either in the glove compartment or on the mileage log clipboard.

Provide to Scott Campbell a written report of the following accident information to the office as soon as possible:

  • Name of insurance company and policy number of each vehicle involved;
  • Copy of the Police Accident Report (or tracking number);
  • Name and address of each driver, passenger, and witnesses.
  • Vehicle tag #

A FREE car wash bay is available at the north end of the KU Garage (1505 Westbrook), just south of Bob Billings Parkway. KU vehicle users are strongly encouraged to utilize the KU car wash facility whenever possible to save on costs to individuals or our research center. It is open 7:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. M–F.

The bay door is normally left up during working hours except in winter. If the bay door is down, you must enter through the main entrance to the garage and push the button inside to open it. Wash mud into the drain grate and leave the bay clean.

Ask a staff member for help if you need it. A shop vac is also available at the garage.

See the references images below.

View of KU Garage with car wash bay open

Door switch

Car wash ON-OFF switch


Wash/rinse switch

Posted rules

KUCR specifies the following on its web page with information on procurement cards: "We ask that you contact the vendor to obtain a duplicate. If one is not available, please contact and we will send you a missing invoice form. Multiple requests for forms may result in retraining as we require receipts for all transactions."

Building use & office procedures

Space authorization and approval

The allocation and/or other uses of designated office spaces, including student cubicles, are determined on a case-by-case basis and must be formally approved in advance by the KBS-CER Director (Sara Baer). Prior to contacting the Director with a request, please consult with the Facility Manager (Scott Campbell) regarding options and availability. Faculty, scientists, associate and assistant researchers, postdoctoral scholars, visiting scholars, and graduate students whose mentors are employed by this center can be assigned office space. Postbaccalaureate students enrolled in KU programs are also eligible for space if it is available. In general, undergraduate students are not assigned space but can be housed in supervisors’ labs.

Office and cubicle spaces are quite limited, so, with the exception of pre-existing space agreements, all other spaces are considered as part of a common “pool.”  Under no circumstances are office spaces to be assigned, or reassigned to anyone else, without first consulting with center administration.

Initial arrival and length of stay

Graduate students, postdocs, and visiting researchers are transient members of the research center and therefore their space assignments require regular updating. It is vital that the administration be informed, well ahead of time, about the timing of new arrivals, and also when individuals intend to leave.

Do not assume that an office or cubicle that appears to be unoccupied is available; it likely has been assigned to someone. It is important to have office space for researchers assigned before supervisors promise to provide it.

Remote, hybrid and underutilized space

The University of Kansas has a remote, flexible and hybrid work policy. Individuals who opt for remote work will not be assigned space in the KBS-CER facilities. Rather, these individuals will be provided access to "hoteling" space, an office that can be reserved for the times the individual is on campus. If individuals choose hybrid work, then at least 30 percent of their time must be dedicated to performing work in KBS-CER campus facilities (field work excluded); this time includes flexible work hours. Underutilized space, determined from the annual space utilizations survey, will be reassigned if others have greater need for the space.

Office space assignments are not permanent

Whenever an individual vacates assigned space, this change in occupancy must be reported to the KBS-CER administration. Do not assume that any recently vacated space still belongs to the same supervisor or to any program as a placeholder. Vacated spaced will return to the pool. It is incumbent upon supervisors to keep the administration updated with respect to the comings and goings of all personnel under their supervision.

Changing space assignments

It is permissible for students, postdocs and visiting researchers to be housed in the PI’s own laboratories or other assigned spaces, and in such cases this is usually preferred over the use of a cubicle or traditional office space. Use of PI space in this way can be very helpful at times as it alleviates overall demand for “common” space.

Please remember that, as a PI or supervisor, it is your responsibility to keep the KBS-CER administration informed of your space requirements. By being attentive to each of our individual situations, collectively KBS-CER can be more proactive in ensuring the most efficient utilization and fair distribution of office space for everyone.

The KBS/CER Internal Space Allocation Policy was developed in accordance with KU’s Space Management Policy and is subservient to it.

Supervisors are required to co-sign our written “Key Checkout Form” on behalf of graduate students as well as undergraduates under their supervision, acknowledge thereby that they assume personal responsibility (as well as liability) for ensuring that keys are treated in full compliance with KU’s formalized policy and also get returned to Scott Campbell, facilities manager, when no longer needed.

Any individual issued keys to the building agrees to the agreement stated below.

Key Issuance Agreement

This agreement is a contract between the person signing for keys (herein referred to as “you” or “Holder”) and the University of Kansas (herein referred to as “University”). This agreement pertains to the keys which are being signed for (herein referred to as “keys”).

1) You understand that keys are property of the University and must be surrendered upon demand, or upon completion of your assignment, whichever is sooner. You agree that you will only use keys for authorized purposes in the course of your duties. By signing for the keys, you acknowledge that you will be held responsible for their loss or improper use.

2) Improper use includes, but is not limited to loaning or transferring keys, attempting to make duplicates of keys, modifying keys to enhance access privileges or reverse-engineering keys in any way. The KU Operations Business Office may perform random audits and you agree to comply with any requests to visually verify that you are still in custody of keys.

3) Should you lose any keys, you will immediately report their loss to the KU Operations. When it is time for you to surrender keys, you will return them to Carruth O’Leary room 144 (1246
W. Campus Rd, Lawrence KS 66045), whereupon you may request a receipt documenting their return.

4) In the event that you fail to comply with any of the terms of this agreement, the University will pursue all available remedies including the withholding of academic transcripts, withholding of additional keys, and the rekeying of all areas to which your keys granted access. You agree to be financially responsible for any rekeying that is the direct result of your loss or improper use of keys.

If you have a visitor to campus who needs to park near Higuchi Hall, please contact Scott Campbell, Paula Szuwalski or Brandy Hildreth Baranski. Yellow permits are $3/day. Please provide the following information:

  • license plate number (and state) of the visitor's vehicle;
  • make and model;
  • color and style;
  • owner name.

KU Parking lays out its standard policy and fees for visitor parking on its Permits Visitor parking web page.

Two loading zones have been established by Parking Services in the Higuchi Hall parking lot on the south side of the building.

One is located directly east and immediately adjacent to the Annex, as denoted by the yellow hashed lines on the asphalt.

The other covers the entire recessed area that includes the loading dock and entrance to the tile room. Approaches to the loading dock, the dumpster and recycling containers must remain freely accessible for deliveries and/or servicing at all times.

Anyone may park in the specified areas for up to one hour (60 minutes) without a parking pass.

It is extremely important to utilize the loading zones only as necessary for truly legitimate purposes (i.e., strictly for loading and unloading). Being late to a meeting is not a legitimate purpose.

Parking is NOT allowed in the loading zones merely in lieu of, or else in order to avoid, purchasing a standard parking pass (this includes visitors). If this begins to happen with any regularity, Parking Services may respond by taking away this privilege. Ours is one of few places on campus that has been allowed to have full one hour loading zones (most are 20 minutes). This exception was granted almost solely on the basis that our circumstances frequently require more time for certain things such as organizing/offloading for activities related to field work. Therefore, it must not be abused.

1. Open the Outlook App on your desktop.

Outlook app icon

2. Sign into your account using your credentials.
3. On the bottom left-hand corner, click Calendar.
4. At the top left of your screen, select New Meeting.

Screenshot showing "New Meeting" option highlighted

5. A new window will pop up. Click the Room Finder button on the bottom right. This will open another window.

Screenshot showing pop-up window with "Room Finder" button highlighted

6. Type "Higuchi Hall" in the Building box. If something else is in that box you can delete it and then type "Higuchi Hall." This will populate the three conference rooms available in Higuchi Hall. Select the conference room you want to reserve.

Screenshot showing pop-window with room choices listed

7. The name of the room you select will now appear in the Required line of the new meeting schedule box.

Fill out the following information:

Title: Type the group/lab involved and type of Meeting (e.g., Baer Lab meeting)

Required: You can add people to this field if you want them to receive the meeting invitation. Do not delete the Conference Room already in the “Required” field. Just click in after that entry and add the names of the people you want to attend the meeting.

Start Time

End Time

Location: Microsoft Teams Meeting automatically populates. You can leave it or delete it. Just make sure you leave the already populated Room selection as is.


Screenshot showing "Title," "Required," "Start time," and "End time" buttons highlighted

8. Verify that everything is filled out as you intend and press the Send button.
9. Your meeting will be approved automatically and scheduled in the calendar.  You will receive a confirmation email to your KU email.  

To cancel a meeting

Double-click on the meeting in your calendar to open the Meeting detail box. Click Cancel Meeting in the top left corner. Only the person who set up the meeting can cancel a meeting.

Screenshot showing navigation window with "Cancel Meeting" button highlighted


Mail and delivery services (e.g., USPS, FedEx, UPS, KU Campus Mail) are centralized and normally available 8am-5pm M-F in Room 106. If 106 is locked, an A1 key will permit access.

Full mailing address:

Kansas Biological Survey/KU Center for Ecological Research
Higuchi Hall, Room 106
2101 Constant Avenue
Lawrence, KS 66047-3759

Placing supply/equipment orders, printing of shipping labels, postage, arranging for carrier pickup, and delivery tracking are the sole responsibility of the recipient. The name of the recipient should always appear on incoming shipment labels or otherwise be clearly identifiable.

A package sign-in sheet is placed on a clipboard on the small round table in Room 106. Scott or another member of the administrative staff enters incoming deliveries on the sheet as they arrive and typically notifies the recipients promptly via email. When recipients come to retrieve them, they are to sign the sheet on the corresponding line(s) acknowledging that they have in fact been picked up. Deliveries tend to pile up, so please retrieve them ASAP.

Incoming packages and other deliveries are typically left on (or near) the small round table in 106. 

On the other hand, outgoing shipments should instead be placed (as posted) on the rectangular table in the back room of 106 (under the window) to keep them separate and easier for the carrier to locate.

Large, heavy, or bulky items (e.g., freezers, pallets) may need to be delivered instead directly to the Higuchi loading dock, off-loaded directly onto the ground, or sometimes to a different building. In such cases, it is very important to track the shipment’s ETA and coordinate accepting the delivery with Scott.

Except in emergency situations (e.g., serious water leaks, clogged toilets, chemical spills, smoke, etc.), all other facilities-related service requests are to be channeled through and vetted by the front office administration, noting that many times these constitute billable expenses that must be pre-approved. Contact Scott Campbell if you are experiencing any kind of non-emergency building-related issue. In the event of a genuine emergency, report it immediately to Scott, or else call Facilities Services directly at 785-864-4770.

  • 911 is the emergency number for Lawrence/Douglas County police/fire/medical
  • KU police (Campus Safety): (785) 864-5900
  • Lawrence Police: (785) 832-7509 (dispatch)
  • Emergency Room at Lawrence Memorial Hospital: (785) 505-5000.

Purchasing & travel procedures

Contact Brandy Hildreth for new Pcard applications. The KUCR website provides additional information on Visa procurement cards

KUCR & proposal resources

Please see the KU Office of Research web page with table of forms and policies, with links.

KU contacts & resources

Elissa Stewart, Accounting Specialist, 785-864-0161:

  • Pcard Reconciliation
  • Travel Authorization Requests
  • Travel Expense Reports
  • Employee Reimbursements
  • Invoice Payment
  • Purchase Orders
  • FITC Assistance

Sabrina Keidel, Finance Manager, 785-864-0138:

  • Departmental Invoice Requests
  • Departmental Budgeting Support
  • Accounting Issues/Problems

Kayly Lockamy, HR Coordinator, 785-864-0633:

  • Staff Recruitment, Hiring and Onboarding
  • Staff Payroll questions/issues
  • Temporary Employee Recruitment, Hiring and Onboarding
  • Temporary Employee Timesheet questions/issues

Nicole KrambeerHR Specialist, 785-864-6681:

  • Student Recruitment, Hiring and Onboarding
  • Student Timesheet questions/issues

Organizational chart for Shared Service Center used by personnel at our unit

Contact the KU Card Center (785-864-5845) in the Kansas Union, Level 4, for a new or replacement KU ID card. Please see the KU Card Center website.

Contact KU Parking (785-864-7275) for parking permits. Please see the KU Parking website. Offices are at the Allen Fieldhouse garage.

Our research center follows and adheres to the KU policies listed in the KU policy library. See the KU Policy Library web page.

Resources for reporting discrimination and harrassment

Within the page linked above, scroll down for information on what to do if someone shares a concern or incident with you.

Use of the KU Field Station

For general information about the Field Station, start with the Field Station home page.

The web page on research at the Field Station links to a page with information on rules, fees and applications. All research projects must be cleared in advance by Sheena Parsons (, station manager.

All parties, including classes at any level, who are interested in a visit, not having to do with research, to any part of the KU Field Station not generally open to the public, must complete an application for non-research use.

Resource staff