- Contact for public media
- Contact for public inquiries
- Contact for KU Communicators
- Contact for Kansas Biological Survey website
- Contact for non-research use of the Armitage Education Center
- MFA, Creative Writing and Literature, University of Kansas, 2010
- Academic study abroad, University of Graz, Austria, 1994-1995
- M.S., Journalism and Mass Communications, University of Kansas, 1993
- B.S., Secondary ed./English, Kansas State University, 1986
- B.A., English literature, Kansas State University, 1985
Kirsten has made her living as an editor and communications project manager, with for-profit and nonprofit organizations, since the mid-1980s. After 10 years of close contact with the Kansas Biological Survey, and driven by a desire to remain in the Lawrence community and support the native environment, she joined the Survey staff in early 2010. Part of her inspiration was her concern for prairie lands, which was guided in part by her interest in the 28-acre native prairie remnant on her mother's home farm. Her literary and academic interests have focused on American environmental literature, Native American literature, and the poetry and essay forms.
"A Still Point in the Shifting World." Rev. of The Water Leveling with Us. Donald Levering. New Letters. Vol. 80, Nos. 3 & 4 (Spring/Summer 2014).
Bosnak K., K. Kindscher, R. Craft, B.N. Timmermann. “The University of Kansas School of Pharmacy Medicinal Garden: Case Study of a New Teaching Garden with a History.” HerbalGram, Sept./Oct. 2012, Issue 95, 38-45.
Kindscher K., R. Craft, K. Bosnak, B.N. Timmermann. “The Lucius Sayre Legacy: Reviving the Study of Medicinal Plants of the Plains.” Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science, 115(1/2):19-26. 2012.
"Denise Low: The Midwestern Voice, An Interview." (Interview with Denise Low, Kansas Poet Laureate 2007-2009.) Flint Hills Review, Emporia State University, Issue Sixteen, 2011. 84-100.
“Stafford's Alternative Way: Quiet Regard.” In Kansas Poems of William Stafford: Poems, Essays and Interviews, 2nd Edition, ed. Denise Low. Topeka, Kansas: Woodley Memorial Press, Washburn University, 2010. 155-160.
"The Poet Father, the Poet Son: Interview with Kim Stafford." Flint Hills Review, Emporia State University, Issue Fourteen, 2009. 86-96.
"The Braid of Memory and Experience: An Interview with B.H. Fairchild." New Mexico Poetry Review, inaugural issue, fall 2009. 10-20.